Leisure Arts Careers
Leisure Arts is looking for talented people to join our staff! Surf current job openings here -- a career at Leisure Arts is just a click away! Fantastic benefits include generous paid time off, medical & dental, matching 401K contributions, gym membership allowances, and more.
1 Position Available
Leisure Arts has an opportunity to work with a trusted brand, leveraging your design skills to help the company move forward in publishing and product development. Innovation is a key proponent of the future growth plan.
The Creative Director will support the publication design and packaging growth vision for an industry leader in Craft publishing. The role will be responsible for directing and defining key publication design and packaging activities for the category to win with our key retailers.
Position requires creative project management experience and ability to effectively collaborate with key internal teams including; Marketing, Product Development, Editorial Production, Sourcing, Sales as well as in-house design, creative and production staff. A four-member team will be led by this Manager.
Competitive salary with exceptional benefit package offered.
Qualifications & Skills
- 7+ years in illustrated book publishing, candidates with experience in product/package design strongly preferred.
- Exceptional knowledge of current trends in design, typography and illustrated book layout
- At least 5 years design management experience within a design and packaging team
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design, Advertising or relevant field, such as Visual Communication
- Demonstrated skills using Adobe CC programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong knowledge of the retail environment and consumer engagement strategies
- Industrial design and product development experience, a plus
- Knowledge of both on and offline communications, what works, what doesn’t and what is leading edge, a plus
- Team leadership and management skills a must
Responsibilities & Duties
- He/she will contribute to driving the vision of the publication and packaging design. To include: packaging, publications, promotions, web site, and private label development ensuring a consistent level of quality
- Lead and collaborate on the work of (internal/external) designers in the development of primary and secondary packaging to establish winning retail shelf presence for the category and responsible brands
- Provides leadership and supervision to Graphic Artists including staffing, performance management, and training.
- Source, hire, and direct freelance photographers and designers — negotiate rates and access incoming work. Art direct photo shoots as needed.
- Leads packaging creative reviews and develop recommendations based on agreed upon creative strategy and design brief
- Utilizes brand strategy guidelines and help create and extend the brand standards
- Develops creative solutions turning ideas into products that resonate and attract customers
- Internal liaison with key departments ensuring messaging is consistent and effectively represents the brand
- Demonstrates an ability to strategically connect consumer insights, cultural and market trends and business needs to deliver breakthrough design strategies for the business
- Observes design, aesthetic and color trends in the marketplace among competition on a regular basis and outlines implications for the business
- Manage schedules and budgets to ensure that projects are delivered on time and according to P/L.
- Identifies cost saving and waste elimination opportunities with an eye towards continual improvement and value creation
Send resume and cover letter:
104 Champs Blvd., STE 100
Maumelle, AR 72113
No phone calls please.
Leisure Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.