I collect sayings, quotes, wisdom—whatever you like to call those supposedly profound lines that profess to contain a kernel of truth in only a few words. They’re great to use on paper projects like cards, scrapbook pages, ATCs, or collage. They can be embroidered or cross stitched on fabric. And I’ve painted them on all sorts of surfaces. Check out some of my favs:
• Dance as if no one were watching! Sing as if no one were listening! And live each day as if it were your last!
• A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.
• Half of life is just showing up…
• And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
• Life is rather like a tin of sardines, and we’re all looking for the key.
• Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
• Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.
• To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
• Life is “trying things to see if they work.”
• If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
• Time flies when you don’t know what you're doing.
• People who snore always fall asleep first.
• Don’t marry someone you can live with—marry the person you cannot live without.
• If an article is attractive, or useful, or inexpensive, they'll stop making it tomorrow; if it's all three, they stopped making it yesterday.
• Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe, and he’ll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it, and he'll have to touch it to be sure.
• The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.
Do you have any cool quotes that you really like? Please share!
(The photo images are from Mary Engelbreit’s Home Creations—12 designs to cross stitch. Learn more about Home Creations and our other Mary Engelbreit pattern books and products on LeisureArts.com! They’re all on sale!)