I made a wreath!
I usually have some kind of wreath on my front door, but it's typically something I just threw together. I nearly mean "threw" literally. I just stab things together, wind some wire around some things, and call it a day. But this time I decided to try to follow the directions for the Burlap Wreath from Crafting with Florals. I want to try more decorating with burlap, and this seemed like a good place to start.
Once I got everything together, this probably took about twenty minutes to make--give or take the time I spent pausing to taking pictures. That's pretty great!
And by "everything," I mean my book, scissors, brown paper, jute, burlap, ribbon, and a wreath form.
I repurposed a yarn-covered wreath that I made back when those were a thing. I no longer have the yarn wreath out because I got tired of it. The yarn is hot-glued on there, so for this new wreath I decided I would just cover it up and I wouldn't do anything too permanent with my materials. If I want to do something else with this stuff, I'd like for this to be easy to dismantle so I can use it again.
I didn't have any brown craft paper, so I cut up a grocery sack into one strip by cutting diagonally.
Then I crumpled it so it would be a little easier to wrap around the wreath.
I taped down the paper at the beginning, and at the end. This wreath is already looking pretty rustic.
If I describe what I did next in very much detail at all, I'll pretty much be giving away the instructions. But I will say that I really liked tying the burlap ribbon one with separate pieces of jute and having the ends stick out everywhere. I didn't expect to like that effect, but I did.
I messed up the top bow a bit because even though I brought the whole book to the store with me, I didn't buy all the right materials. Still, I think I might like the wreath just how it is.