Sign Up to Receive Exclusive Email Offers:

Take a Look at The Knook!

Have you looked at The Knook yet? Did you know that you could actually knit with a crochet hook? Leisure Arts has made it easy with our Knook kit!

Each kit contains:

• 3 bamboo Knooks—These new and unique specialized crochet hooks replace traditional knitting needles and come in sizes 4.0 mm, 5.0 mm, & 5.5 mm. They look like regular crochet hooks on one end with a hole for holding a cord on the other end.

• 3 – 36" long cords to hold your stitches

• Step-by-Step Learn to Knook Instruction Book—It’s easy to learn to knit with The Knook. (We‘ve included both right- and left-handed instructions!) The book also includes four beginner projects—Infinity Scarf, Spa Cloth, Baby Blanket, and Diamond Lap Throw.

Try your hand at Knooking. For more info, how-to videos, and some great free projects, check out The Knook at LeisureArt.com!

15 thoughts on “Take a Look at The Knook!”

• Debbie

The Knook hook kits are not at our Walmart yet. Is there another retail vendor I could check?

• Merrilee

They are currently only available at Walmart. Watch for other future venues.

• twillis

These recently showed up at my local Walmart. I thought it was a very good value for the price. I teach an very informal lunch-hour crochet class where I work, and we all decided to get them and give knooking a try. So far we really like it.I was very pleased that the booklet had both left-handed and right-handed pictures and instructions.My only criticism is that the booklet did not cover increases/decreases. Not a deal breaker, but perhaps something to consider for the future.

• Merrilee

I think our editors have plans to cover increase and decreases in the future.

• twillis

Good deal! I must say we are having a lot of fun with it. I especially like for knitting small shapes in the round; less fiddly for me then working with double-pointed needles.

• Terry

Disappointed that WalMart was given an exclusive to retail it yet still has not bothered to send it out to any of their stores in our area. By the time it's available to anyone else I will likely have gotten disgusted with the whole thing and written it off. Very frustrating.

• dec2057

I bought a kit at our local Wal Mart - lots of fun. I was making an item within 5 minutes of glancing at the book and shared it at our charity work meeting. It was met with enthusiasm from our crocheters who wanted to knit.Carol GreenPresidentReliefShare.orgReliefShare.org/wordpress

• Marny

Terry (July 23) - I am with you!! But after 5 Wal-Marts (gasoline gasoline gasoline gasoline gasoline) was able to find the LAST kit in the display.I've been told the tactics are how retail works. HUMBUG!!

• Karla

I checked online and Walmart acts as if they don't know what it is because it doesn't come up. I'm trying to search at a store before wasting the gas. Where is it located, in the store? Is it in the "craft" section? Thanks.

• Tena

I'm having fun with my knook. I've tried nkitting but i have trouble with my stiches being to tight or loose. I watched the videos on the web sight. same as the booklet. then i went to Utube and wached a bunch of knitting clips, a few knooking ones. Wow...could spend hours sifting through all those. I had to tweek how I make my purl stich. thier way was not working for me. I wind the yarn through my fingers like crocheting, to do a purl stich i bring the yarm to the frunt of the work and hold it down with my thumb and slip the nook into the stich righ to left (just like the knit stich) and roll the knook so the hook is facing away from me and hook the yarn and pull it through the stich then pull the yarn to snug up the stich. I won't win any races but it works for me. to decrease knook to stiches together, for increasing I yarn over then continue knooking. It seems to work. For bigger projects I looking for a longer cord.

• RhennRainbow

I just got this for Christmas and am sooo happy! I know for sure that mine came from Michaels art store, since that's where I saw it. Go check your local one! I was delighted at how easy it was to learn, but was left really wishing there had been more instructions. I love making beanies and hats, so I was disappointed that there were no directions on how to increase or decrease. I'm currently searching to see if there are any more books, sets, or hooks to buy. I sure hope so. This is a really, really great alternative for those of us who can't seem to make friends with knitting needles. I'm really, really hoping that this won't be one of those things that disappears in a few years, never to see a trace of them again. This is such a wonderful product, I really hope enough people catch on to keep it around. :)

• jeanh

i am a left hander that crochets right handed and the knook book really confuses me. although the confusion lead to a pretty pattern. lol. . i need to find a video that demonstrates a whole row w turn and 2nd row.

• Jen

Hey, Jean! There's a whole series of videos about how to Knook (even for lefties!) on the Leisure Arts website. Here's a post about just knitting and turning, though, that includes a video: http://leisureartsblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/learn-to-knook-right-handed-knit-stitch.html (you may need to copy and paste that into your address bar). I really feel you on the unexpected pretty patterns, though. I like it when that happens to me, but I always have problems recreating it! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope the link helps!

• Karen

Made a 24 mile trip to Walmart, and guess what, they had never even heard of knook hooks or needles. All they had was the knook kit and a couple of new to me books for $4.95. I would think Leisure would make them to sell in different sizes. Very disppointed. I'm loving to knook, but want a bigger hook.

• Jen

Hi Karen, I'm sorry your Wal-Mart didn't have them. You can always order off the website, and I know that stores like Michael's and JoAnn's carry them (I couldn't tell about Hobby Lobby, though). Currently, Knooks are only sold in kits. If you're wanting a really big size, like for bulky yarn, there's a kid's version that includes sizes that are 8 and 9 mm (L and M in crochet hooks). I hope this helps!